Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peace...somewhere over the rainbow..

Yesterday the sun was out, then suddenly clouds and some rain. When the sun reappeared through the raindrops I looked up and there I saw the most beautiful rainbow!  With all that has happened this past week and now the beginning of the many funerals taking place, I found this oddly "comforting"....

I am not at a very religious person, however I am a spiritual one. I also look for the beauty in every situation, hoping to turn negative into positive somehow, someway. And I do believe there are signs all around us. For example, when my beloved Grandmother passed away after a terrible bout with cancer I was so very upset. Then a few days later I also saw beautiful double rainbows in the sky and felt so at peace, as if this was a "sign" that she was now OK, no longer suffering and once again reunited with her husband, my dear grandfather who had passed many years prior.

Sometimes we cannot explain circumstances and situations that happen--but we can find peace in the possibility that somewhere over the rainbow perhaps there is forever love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment