Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm back....and wishing you a grateful Thanksgiving!

Hi friends! First, BIG APOLOGIES for not blogging sooner.  However, sometimes in life we need to prioritize.  Not that I don't love my blog or the people that I share it with, but my family must come first.  Hurricane Sandy really stopped me in my tracks for a few weeks & had me turning in circles, but I can say I am blessed--we are all OK, our home and family are fine and almost back to "normal".  However, my heart is with those that day in, day out are still dealing with their cleanup and not being able to fully move on as it will take a lot of time.  Their lives have been changed forever---there are no "do-overs" here.  Many are still shaking their heads wondering "why me" and "where do I begin...what comes next?"

That being said as we celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow, find something that you are most thankful for and embrace it!   I hope it is not something of "monetary" value and that it is instead something that you cannot put a price on!  "Things" CAN be replaced over time, but people cannotRemember: don't take things for granted

Also, be thankful for those that come into your life, even if for a few minutes & leave a positive mark on who you are.  Sometimes it may be a complete stranger--someone we don't know that simply gives us a smile when we needed it the most, or words of encouragement when we are at our lowest. 
Here's a great example of what I mean: I remember once several years ago when my children were babies, I was so frazzled and upset.  I was in the department store ladies bathroom changing my sons very messy diaper and he was screaming, then my daughter started crying and I just wanted to cry along with them!!  His clothing was a mess and I had no change of clothing with me for him. Unknowingly, an older woman had been in the bathroom too.  When she came out of her stall and approached us she looked at me and said "sweetheart, you are doing a great job as a mommy.  Hang in there!  You'll be OK and keep up the good work!"  I didn't know her.  But those few words of encouragement from someone that I didn't even know helped.  She understood where I was coming from and made me realize I wasn't in this alone--she had been in my shoes at one time too and "this too shall pass".  What she did was really so simple, but meant so much to me.  They were just a few kind words from a complete stranger at a time I was really ready to lose it---I was SO grateful!!

So this Thanksgiving I ask you to please be grateful for things that you cannot replace and require no monetary value. Don't take things for granted!  Find the beauty in the simplest things because often those simple things are what bring us the most joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment