Sunday, December 2, 2012

A good workout = a much better day (physically & mentally!)



 
Isn't this quote so true?  I think it is.  Case in point, yesterday (Saturday) I taught a Barre-lates class (a fusion of Barre & Pilates) at a local upscale, private health club.  It's a newer class on their schedule and gaining popularity each week that I've been teaching it.  It's NOT an easy class.  You really have to work hard and use your own body resistance when doing the toning portions or you just won't get the results you are hoping for. After class, one of the ladies that was in class came to me and said "wow, I already feel it! But it doesn't feel 'bad'. I really feel like I've done something and I love that feeling!" She then said "I feel SO GREAT I cannot wait to face the rest of my day now!  I have a lot to do today and this was an awesome way to begin!  I feel so much better!"  As an instructor I was so happy to hear that the 1 hour she spent with me in my class she came out with such a positive feeling.

I always tell my classes "this is your class, your workout.  You can make it the best it can be---I cannot do the work for you, YOU have to do it.  I can only aid you in getting there...so put your mind into it and make this 1-hour one of the best of your day!  You deserve it and it will help YOU!"  Whether you are in a fitness class, working out at home or at your local gym) you need to make sure your workout is as successful as it can be.  Focus on what you are hoping to achieve.   Mind over matter.  This IS your time, YOUR workout!! If you are taking the time to do it then YOU need to MAKE IT WORTH IT, because in the end you WILL feel ready to conquer anything both physically & mentally and I am certain your day will be a better one! 

Enjoy your Sunday and make it a healthy week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment