Monday, December 3, 2012

Make some form of exercise a "daily" habit

Every morning I see an older gentleman in my neighborhood walking. I do not know him, but I'm always impressed because no matter the weather he's out there walking! (He's not the "fittest" looking man-actually he's hunched over pretty badly if I must say so, and he shuffles his feet as he goes. But he's out there moving!)

So this morning I decided to shout out to this man (taking him off guard a bit) "I just want to tell you that I am a fitness professional and wanted to say how great it is to see you out here each and every morning. Good for you!! Keep it up!" He had a huge grin, as if to say 'someone noticed' (lol) and then replied "yes, I make it a part of my daily ritual. I wake up, have a cup of coffee and then go for an hour long walk....I feel SO much better after and it truly makes such a big difference!"
So I replied "I am proud of you! I try telling people that all the time. Just get moving and you'll feel ready to tackle the world for the day! Keep up the good work neighbor--you're doing great!" He replied with a huge smile "thanks so much! I WILL!!"

Even if you don't have a lot of time, try doing something that gets you moving. You'll feel better to the core!

No comments:

Post a Comment