Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You need to MAKE the time!


"I just don't have the time to workout!"  I hear it all the time.   I agree, these days "finding time" to workout is not easy (trust me, I often say I am grateful to be a fitness instructor because some days I too would probably find a million other things I should be doing vs working out!)  We have jobs, take care of our kids, etc.--but what is it that you do for YOU?   It's time to make a healthy commitment to/for yourself.  Think of it as an investment & obligation for a better YOU!  You deserve that.

Don't be hard on yourself!  Even getting a "little bit" in is certainly better then nothing at all.   Here are a few suggestions that might help:
if you cannot fit in a full workout, break it up into pieces throughout the day. Wake up a little earlier and go outside for a walk or run, then later in the day do some toning.  Or try parking the car a little further in the parking lot so you get in some walking.  Use the stairs vs. elevator.  If you have a lunch break then head to the gym.  No gym, then get outside and walk or run .  If  you are an at-home-parent then once the kids head off to school in the morning get a pal to go for a walk with you.  (Note: having a "partner" tends to keep us more motivated and keeps us from getting bored.  Also we tend to feel more committed.)   If you've got young ones, take them to your local park & use the park benches for tricep dips or chest presses while they play . Or try some pull ups using the monkey bars.  Do some lunges (who cares what you look like!!  Hey maybe you'll inspire some others!  Better yet, have them join you or plan to meet up next time to workout together while your kiddies play.)  Or why not get involved in the kids extra after school activities?   If your kid plays a sport, rather then sitting on the sideline see if they need volunteers (even every now and then if you cannot make the full commitment).  Trust me, as a coach for my kids various sports,  I know we ALWAYS welcome an extra set of hands (especially for the active younger ones!  And they certainly like to keep moving which will keep you moving!)

Finding the time may not be easy, making excuses is.  You must think of it as an investment in you = a better, healthier you--right to the core.   As the picture above says "I don't find the time to exercise, I make the time"... do that much for yourself, you deserve it.  I'm certain you'll be glad you did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment