Friday, February 8, 2013

Trying to lose weight, get in shape & live healthier? Follow the "80/20" guide!

If you are trying to lose weight, get/stay in shape and live healthier I suggest keep this in mind: 
Live 80/20! 

80/20:
Make 80% of your daily food/meals with whole foods (veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds). 
Allow yourself 20% room for a slight indulgence, such as a glass of wine or small piece of chocolate.

If you have a temptation to reach for that doughnut, first ask yourself: do I want this to be my 20% for the day?

Occasionally 20/80:
During holidays & special occasions, give yourself permissions to reverse the ratio for that meal or that day.  Just make sure you're back to 80/20 moving forward!  As I often say--"it's all in moderation"! 


Source/Credit: ToeSox 2/2013
(PS: I LOVE my ToeSox for Pilates & Barre classes!!  Highly suggest.  Organic cotton, fit great & keep your feet "healthy"!! Check them out)



No comments:

Post a Comment