Saturday, December 29, 2012

Believe to achieve....make 2013 a positive one!


The last week of the calendar year is always full of celebration in my home.  Aside from Christmas and New Years Eve, we also have 2 birthday's in between, both my 1st born child's birthday then the following day mine.  (Yes, it's awesome.  I always tell her that "she's moms best birthday present EVER!"  And as she is getting older I love celebrating our special days back to back, the quality time and the cherished memories that we are creating together.)

I really love having my birthday at the end of the year.  With a birthday you tend to reflect and try to start anew.  With the New Year almost everyone in the world is setting new goals and resolutions and reflecting as well.  So with the combo of both at the same time, I feel that I have a total fresh start --like a power boost (my warning: "ok world, watch out!" And my closest friends know that I'm not kidding when I say that! lol)  It's such a great feeling of being able to start another birthday and year of my life off to a good, positive start!
And as we look back on the year we are about to put behind us and it's many challenges, "ups and downs", tragedies and celebrations, we need to look at the New Year as if we're getting another chance: it's a way to clean the slate and begin with a positive outlook for all that is to come and focus on the many blessings that we have and can make better!  It's a time many look to improve their health (I LOVE THAT!), a time to think about all that we'd like to still achieve....it's NEVER too late!  Remember, life truly IS a journey, NOT a destination. 

With 2013 just days away, start planning your destination route because I believe what you put out there you get back.  YOU must GO FOR IT---need to believe to achieve!
It won't happen unless YOU make it happen!  And really, what do you have to lose if you aimed for something and tried to achieve it--you certainly won't live with regret and the feeling of "what if".

So friends, enjoy the last few days of 2012, leave the past where it is and start looking ahead at all the positives you have in your life....It's YOUR destination and only YOU can truly control the journey and make it an awesome one!


No comments:

Post a Comment