Tuesday, May 7, 2013

When opportunity knocks-open the door and TAKE it!!

Yesterday I taped another television fitness segment, this time the topic: "fitness tips during pregnancy" (the host pictured here is 7 months pregnant). Surprisingly today a friend asked me "did you get paid?" My response "no".
Her next question "so why do it?" It took me off-guard that someone would even think this way---really? So I answered "when opportunity knocks, you TAKE it! Every opportunity can always lead to something more, possibly something even better!"

Case in point: this was the 4th TV show in less than 1 year that I have been asked to appear on as a fitness professional. If I had said "no" the 1st time for the other appearances, just because I wasn't getting paid, I can pretty much bet that the rest most likely would never have happened. Not only that, in addition to other things, they've helped me increase my business, as well as traffic on my blog!

Most importantly, the best "bonus" has been how it's benefited my kids.  They have seen mom do something that she has never done before and see that if you work hard enough you CAN make things happen! They have learned that when something is offered to you (even if you're not getting paid) it's important to look at it as an OPPORTUNITY--just go for it!  If you don't take them as they come you may never get a 2nd chance. And having my kids see & learn this life lesson early on in their lives is worth more than ANY dollar received! (Besides, they now think mom is "famous" lol and how can I not smile and be so proud of that?! Priceless!!)

Friends, remember that when opportunity knocks NEVER close the door...take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment