Sunday, January 20, 2013

Barre toning classes

Thought I'd share--this is me at the barre.
We needed some shots for one of the private clubs that I teach at for class promotion. The popularity of this class is amazing! In fact, we've added a third class (in just the 2 months I've been teaching it there) to the weekly schedule because members cannot get enough of it and kept asking for more! The classes are packed too!! However it is important to note that the classes are not back to back--you need a day in between to let the muscles repair/recover.

I love teaching barre combined with Pilates (calling it Barrelates) because that one hour your body gets such great head-to-toe toning and stretching (and using just 2-3 lb weights -if any at all!) I find many people do not take the time to stretch and I feel it really should be made a part of any workout routine (this class there is stretching after every intense toning move!) But what I really love is how the class participant (by the way I have both male & female participants!) feels when they complete the hour with me. I love knowing they feel so great from that 1 hour workout! They always leave smiling and so "uplifted" knowing they got through that tough one hour workout and feel great!! As I always tell them before class begins: "this is YOUR hour, make it a great one for YOURSELF!"--
I know they do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment